Friday, February 3, 2012

The Traveling Sketch Pad Today Goes On a Doctor Visit


 Chippie!  Remember to wash your hands!
Something has happened.  I can remember when newspaper delivery boys were older than me, and fast food counter personnel.  I understand why these days the people in those jobs look like kids.  It's 'cause they are.  But policemen?  Insurance salesmen?  The President?!  School teachers these days impress me as not much older than the children they daily claim to be educating.  Yet they're in such positions of authority.  And now this.  I can't help it.  It makes me uncomfortable to be given prescriptions for powerful pharmaceutical drugs by people who are too young to remember the Reagan administration.  

And another thing.  Had I known how long I'd be sitting in the waiting room today, I'd have brought oil paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Subscribers (some of whom have faces, others only silhouettes.)

visitors today